Good Sam Helping Hand Scholarship Program Guidelines
The Good Sam Helping Hand Scholarship Program was established to provide a limited number of one-time per year awards* to selected recipients to help defray expenses of the post-high school collegiate, vocational, technical and trade school education of children, grandchildren, legal dependents** and spouses of active associates***.
This program is not open to current employees. The Education Assistance Program is for current staff.
- Must be a child, grandchild, legal dependent or spouse of a full-time associate of Camping World or one of its affiliate brands1; and
- Must not be an active associate of the company or one of its affiliate brands; and
- Must be a high school student currently enrolled in 12th grade, planning on attending an accredited two or four-year college or university, vocational, technical or trade school in the fall semester; or
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited two or four-year college or university or an accredited graduate college or university program, vocational, technical or trade school;
- Entering college freshmen must have a cumulative high school GPA of at least 3.3;
- Returning undergraduate students must have a cumulative college GPA of at least 3.2;
- Post-graduate candidates must have at least a 3.2 cumulative GPA
The Good Sam Helping Hand Scholarship Program strives to identify future leaders who are career driven and involved in their school and community. Recipients are selected based on their academic achievements over and above the eligibility criteria and answers to short essay questions. Short essay answers will be graded based on content (including whether the question was answered), guidelines followed, conciseness, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Submission and Deadlines
The Deadline to receive applications is 11:59pm CST on Monday, June 27, 2022.
Applications must be submitted through the online website at: https://go.campingworld.com/scholarship-application/.
If the application is late, incomplete and/or information requested not submitted, the application is disqualified.
Recipients will be notified of the award by Friday, July 29, 2022. The scholarship award will be deposited directly with the Bursar’s Office of the listed institution. Recipients are solely responsible for any and all tax implications of this award.
Please direct questions to [email protected], listed under “ScholarshipInfo” in the global address book.
1 Affiliates include FreedomRoads, Camping World, Good Sam, Gander RV, The House/Active Sports, Overton’s, and Allure.
*Applicants may apply each year for scholarship consideration by the Program Administrators.
**This includes dependents of full-time associates on pre-approved leave on the due date of the application materials, or full-time associates who have died while in active military service.
***Active associates must be in good standing.